Saturday, August 13, 2005

It's Tha Liks Baby

Tash, J-Ro and E-Swift are back with a new album, Firewater, and after a brief hiatus under the shortened moniker Tha Liks, they're back to being Tha Alkaholiks. Like it ever made a difference. Check out their website to listen to two new songs ('Flute Song' is tight as hell). No news on when the release date is or under which label (they used to be on the now-defunct Loud Records), but good things come to those who wait. This is a seriously underated group, from a crew that includes King Tee, Xzibit and Madlib, and Tash is one of my all-time favorite emcees. Real recognize real.

While I'm at it, here's a few of their tracks, all with production by (DJ) E-Swift:

Tha Alkaholiks - Coast II Coast
from Friday: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Priority 1995
Tha Alkaholiks - All The Way Live (ft. Q-Tip and King Tee)
from 'Coast II Coast', Loud 1995
Tash - Only When I'm Drunker (ft. E-Swift, J-Ro and Phillip Johnson)
from 'Rap Life', Loud 1999

2 Comments:

Blogger Ekko said...

Thankx for visiting my blog. I think Nas' freestyles are the shit. Better than 50, even.

I like Tha Liks, but fucking Savefile makes getting them take forever!

Let's all pray together for the days when it's free to host shit!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **Holden** site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home